Music Study Scholarships for New and Prospective Students
Thank you for your interest in music scholarships at Oregon State University. Scholarships are generally reserved for music majors although high quality instrumentalists who are not majoring will also be considered. The next audition dates are:
- Sunday, February 23, 2014: Oregon City High School, Oregon City
- Saturday, March 1, 2014: Benton Hall, OSU Campus, Corvallis
Scholarship Application Form (fillable .pdf)
Scholarship Reference Form (fillable .pdf)
The scholarship process is as follows:
- Auditions are held from 9:00 am to noon and 1:00 pm to 4:00. There is no sign-up for a specific audition time, it will be first come, first audition. Applicants arriving after 4:00 pm will not be heard.
- Bring your completed application, unofficial transcript and the three letters of reference* with you to your audition.
- Applicants may audition without all of the paperwork finished, however, you will not be considered for a scholarship award until all paperwork is completed and received by the music office.
- Scholarships for pianists and vocalists are limited to music majors only.
Scholarships are awarded after each audition date. It is also advantageous to apply early for admission to the university in order to be eligible for other scholarship programs. The deadline for new student entrance applications at OSU is February 1st each year.
The scholarship audition consists of:
Performance of up to ten minutes of solo literature for your instrument or voice (an accompanist will be provided if needed.) We would like you to include at least two works or contrasting musical styles. Jazz players will be required to demonstrate classical ability. You may also demonstrate your ability on a secondary instrument, but the main criteria for scholarship awards will be based on your primary instrument performance.
An interview about your background and aspirations.
A short sight-reading exercise.
If you cannot audition at the scheduled times you are welcome to send audio or audio-visual files. CD's or DVD's should provide at least ten minutes of music of at least two contrasting styles. While generally we are not able to schedule special individual auditions, you may make any special requests or inquire about special considerations with Dr. Tina Bull, auditions coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome your interest in our department. If you have questions regarding our programs, the scholarship audition procedure or any other matter, please feel free to contact us. email@example.com
|Percussion - Dr. Robert Brudvig
Marching Band - Dr. Brad Townsend
Director of Bands - Dr. Chris Chapman
Piano Performance - Dr. Rachelle McCabe
|Choirs - Dr. Steven Zielke
Vocal Performance - Richard Poppino
Music Education - Dr. Tina Bull
*Letters of recommendation may be emailed to Dr. Tina Bull@ firstname.lastname@example.org.